Saturday, June 4, 2011

Spicy Mango Chutney Turkey Wrap.......low cal and delish!

Today was such a gorgeous day that my husband suggested we went for a picnic at a park.This is a long overdue activity that we have been wanting to do and also it was time to use this really pretty wicker picnic basket that we've had for 5 years but never once used.I wanted an exciting lunch to take with me so I decided to whip up something with flavors I love yet low in calories.So,heres my recipe of a delicious wrap.


Spicy Mango Chutney Turkey Wrap


You'll need:

2 large multi grain Tortilla or wrap
1 Tomato(thinly sliced
 Boston lettuce(this happens to be my favorite but you can use any lettuce)
4-5 slices Deli smoked turkey 
Cheese slices(optional and cheese of your choice)

Spicy mango chutney sauce:

3 tbsp Light mayonaise(you can find a variety of low calorie mayos)
1/2 - 1 tbsp Sriracha chilli sauce (adjust to your spice preference)
1 1/2 tbsp Mango chutney (you can find them in jars at your local grocery store)
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
Pinch of Salt
 1/3 tsp Black pepper (optional)




Method:
Add all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well into a thick spread.Set aside.Line tortilla with 2 pieces of lettuce followed by the turkey meat.Spread the sauce over the meat and top with sliced tomatoes and cheese.You can also use other toppings like sliced green peppers or avocados to go with your wrap.Fold the bottom of the tortilla upwards and roll the tortilla tightly,enclosing filling.Cut your wrap sideways in half if you wish.



I enjoyed my wrap and I'm not that big a fan of wraps in general.I just loved the combination of flavors especially the mango chutney with the turkey.It makes a great summer wrap.You can make it as spicy or not as you wish.Feel free to experiment with your favorite toppings.This sauce goes well for any sandwich.So,have a great wrap filled day and enjoy your summer.


With love for food and you,
   Renu

No comments:

Post a Comment